Sunday, 15 January 2012

The Opera House


The Opera House covers 1.8 hectares of land, and offers 4.5 hectares of usable office space. It is 185 metres tall and about 120 metres high at its widest point. It is supported on 580 concrete piers sunk up to 25 metres below sea level. Its power supply is equivalent for a town of 25,000 people. The power is distributed by 645 kilometres of electrical cable.
It has about 1000 rooms. It has five theatres, five rehearsal studios, four restaurants, six bars and numerous souvenir shops.
The opera house's roof is constructed of 1,056,000 glazed white granite tiles imported from Sweden. Despite their self-cleaning nature, they are still subject to maintenance and replacement. Its interior is composed of pink granite mined from Tarama, NSW and white birch and brush box plywood supplied from northern NSW.
Its five theatres are the Concert Hall (with a seating capacity of 2679), Opera Theatre (1547 seats) , Drama Theatre (544 seats), Playhouse (398 seats) and Studio Theatre (364 seats).

No comments:

Post a Comment